Emulator Fever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where you can ask questions about emulators and gaming in general.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vocaloid Discussion

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

Vocaloid Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 11:29 am

I'm just going to explain Vocaloid because I can. If you think I do a bad job, then Wikipedia it(I love how you can turn a noun into a verb).
Vocaloid is a vocal synthesizer. It was invented by a university in Spain. It was made popular by the Japanese, though. There are many different Vocaloids, each with their own unique voice. Vocaloids usually get their voice from professional singers or voice actors. However, Vocaloids such as Leon and Lola, have never had their voice providers published, so their voice providers may be random people picked off the street. Vocaloids are popular used to sing songs that tell complex stories. Many of these songs have to do with murder/death/supernatural events. Since there are so many Vocaloids, people can write complex stories that involve all the Vocaloids acting as people. A notable one of these is The Evillious Chronicles, by Mothy. To date, there are Vocaloids in English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, and Spanish.
Yes, that's copied from the Anime forum. Anyway, this is a forum for just Vocaloid, to keep the anime forum from being too cluttered.
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

PostSubject: The Evillious Chronicles   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 11:37 am

The Evillious Chronicles is a story told with songs by Vocaloids, written by Mothy. I love this series, so I'll talk a lot about it in this forum. The story revolves around the Original Sin being commited, it being split into the 7 Deadly Sins, them tainting the world, and a mysterious woman traveling time and space to retrieve them. The story is so complex that there's a wiki explaining each of the songs and how they relate to each other.
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

PostSubject: Kagome Kagome   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 7:17 am

Possibly the most famous Vocaloid horror song.

It's based off a legend that during WW2, the Nazis experimented on Japanese orphans to make immortality by removing a part of the brain. The creepypasta page explains it better.
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:09 am

Is it just me, or is it kind of sweet that a girl would be so in love with you that she'd kill anyone who'd try to harm you?

One of my personal favorites. On the YouTube channel, there's a link in the description to a horrifying tale of a stalker from Japan, translated to English. It's quite interesting. Check it out.
Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:14 am

Addicted to this one:

Back to top Go down
https://emulatorfever.forumotion.co.uk
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:15 pm

New addiction, the chorus is beautiful:

Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 8:10 am

Not all Vocaloid songs involve some form of violence. And I even like some of them, too.

This song is originally sung by Hatsune Miku, but the Kagamine version is twice as cute. Get it? It's funny because they're twins. Which means there's two of them. I especially liked one of the previous top comments on this video: "Oh gawd. I'm gonna go puke fairy dust, brb"
Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 8:55 am

Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 8:57 am

VintageTorrie wrote:
I'm sorry, I know I'm immature, but I laugh everytime I read the title XD
Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 8:58 am

Titter No-one else knows so it's OK Evil Laugh
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 3:53 pm

Posting 4 videos this weekend to make up for the fact that I may not be able to make it to my computer on Tuesdays on Fridays the coming weeks.

One of my new favorite Vocaloid songs. It's so catchy. There's a German Sparkle Party in the comments XD. For those of you new to learning kana, *coughcough*VintageTorrie*coughcough*, this will be a good way to learn to associate a sound with a symbol because the Japanese lyrics are on the screen, and they're very clear and slow compared to other songs.
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 4:06 pm

Two Gumi songs in a row? Mon Dieu!

I'm the only one in my family that doesn't need glasses, so I can't really relate to the metaphorical meaning of this song. However, I think I understand the real meaning. Gumi is very self-conscious about herself, and can't express the real her to the rest of the world, and thus feels very empty inside. But her "eye doctor" can apparently tell what's going on with her, and she wants to be able to express herself, and wants his help. Maybe I'm just over thinking it. I probably chose that explanation because that applies to me. All of my "friends" think I'm a loud, funny, extroverted boy who has no real interest in anything, and is very smart. Half of the people in my past class probably have no idea what anime is. Sigh, the problems of a closet otaku. OMG I SHOULD SO LINK TO THAT SONG. But I don't really like it that much, and it's another Gumi song. What the hell, I'll put it in at the bottom anyway. Crap, it's now officially Sunday. Well, I started writing this before that, so I'm going to ignore the time.

Last edited by ScissorsForDays on Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : For I'm a jolly good fellow, for I'm a jolly good fellow.)
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 4:27 pm

I'm such a liar. Shion would kill me. I re-listened to Sorry for Being a Closet Otaku, and remembered what it was really like. So today(I'm still going to count this as Saturday) will be a surprise triple whammy starring Gumi.

How I wish things turned out as well for me as they did for Gumi. I would be ecstatic if it turns out my whole family loved anime as much as I did. I wouldn't have to give my brother sharp looks every time he says a reference in front of my family. And maybe I won't have to keep hiding the fact that I'm active on the internet from them either. Who knows, I might even ask for a few anime posters for my birthday. What would be even better if there were any anime cons around here, and that my parents would let me go. And now I wouldn't have to minimize out of my browser every time someone walks in my room. Wow I'm ranting right now. Just wishful thinking. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:21 am

ScissorsForDays wrote:
How I wish things turned out as well for me as they did for Gumi. I would be ecstatic if it turns out my whole family loved anime as much as I did. I wouldn't have to give my brother sharp looks every time he says a reference in front of my family. And maybe I won't have to keep hiding the fact that I'm active on the internet from them either. Who knows, I might even ask for a few anime posters for my birthday. What would be even better if there were any anime cons around here, and that my parents would let me go. And now I wouldn't have to minimize out of my browser every time someone walks in my room. Wow I'm ranting right now. Just wishful thinking. Sigh.

Haha, my family already knows I watch anime, and they don't really care Happy Spin Happy Spin Happy Spin
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:28 pm

One of the most touching Vocaloid songs. I tear up a little sometimes when I hear it.

What's sadder is that the rip-off Len version of the song has more views than the original. Screw you Len fangirls. All you do is stalk his videos and spam "Why does Len always die" even though Rin dies way more than him. It's sickening. But enough of my angry rant. Take time to take in the beauty of this song.
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:50 pm

I sure hope Neru has unlimited texting.

This was the first song that really got me into Vocaloid. It's not the first song I heard, but it's the first I decided "Hey. This is awesome." while watching. I'll go ahead and explain what an UTAU is. The Japanese nation fell in love with Vocaloids after the release of Hatsune Miku and the Kagamines. The thing is, Vocaloids are pretty expensive. I'm not exactly sure, but I've seen people say a voicebank costs around $120. So, someone by the name of Ayame invented UTAU, a freeware knock-off of Vocaloid. In UTAU, although it can't run official Vocaloid voicebanks, users can record their own voice to make their own. A group of trolls on the 2chan boards created Kasane Teto, an imaginary character that would be the next Crypton Vocaloid. They did a good job of making the character, giving her good art and even a voice demo. People believed them so much, that the trolls feared the wrath they'd receive after breaking the news. So, they took advantage of the new UTAU software and finished her voicebank and released her to the world. I'm sure we'll never know the full brunt of the wrath avid Vocaloid fans set loose upon these trolls, but Teto brought a lot of attention to UTAU. Her success is the reason Luka is so forgotten about. People were so busy using/ranting about Teto that didn't have time to obsess over Luka. Anyway, UTAU is a solely Japanese program that that is free There's a translation patch though, so check it out if you're interested in Vocaloid in general. UTAU voicebanks are a lot lower quality than Vocaloid voicebanks, so the results won't be as great as if you had a real Vocaloid. Anyway, to end the story, that girl with twin drills singing backup in the song is Teto. God, I wrote a rant.
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:06 pm

You thought I was going to stay true to my promise. Nope, Chuck Testa.

It's time I put up a Kaito video. Sad thing is, he and Meiko don't have many good songs. Sigh. This song is a good example of how the song producers like to put the Kagamines in a story just to put them in some awful situation/kill them. Practically every song the Kagamines are in, something terrible happens to them. I hope the same doesn't start turning out with my twin and I... Anyway, this song really shows off Kaito's wide range. He's most commonly singing up high like he normally is in this song, but it's nice. Oh well. Enough ranting.
Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:22 am

This is one of the most beautiful videos I have watched, I'm not ashamed to say I cried a little.

Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:06 am

Gonna plop in my favourite Miku song. Her voice is amazing.

Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:33 am

Just a random song I thought I'd plop in here. And Vocaloid is starting to piss me off. Luka randomly stopped working again and I'm considering dropping song writing all together. It seems to happen whenever I restart my computer. So it looks like Miku and Luka can't get along. But, I might try to just delete Miku and Luka totally from my computer and maybe just try out Rin and Len. Maybe they won't hate me.

If each Vocaloid had a character song, this would definitely be the Kagamines. Well, it would at least be Rin's. Gekkoujou could be Len's. Oh well. I guess that's your random song of the day. Happiness, love, and joy to all of you out there who can still enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

PostSubject: Nico Nico Douga   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 1:25 pm

Vocaloid would be nothing if not for the ultimate otaku site, Nico Nico Douga. Nico is the Japanese onomatopoeia for smiling, and Douga means video(s). It was launched on December 12. 2006. Originally using YouTube embeds to play its videos, it was blocked due to the overload of traffic YouTube got from it. It is run by Niwango, a subsidary of Dwango. The differences between it and YouTube is that it has Nicoscript, a coding that allows the uploader of a video to put special effects, such as voting, automatic transfer to another video, quiz scoring, and other features to the video, and a comment system that plays the most recent comments on that screen at a specific time in the video determined by the comment writer. It has basically been overrun with otaku and barely any non-otaku videos get posted. It's popularity has spawned Chinese, English, Spanish, and German versions of the site. It is often used for Vocaloid composers to promote their work.
Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:25 am

Gonna put in a Kagamine metaloid, since she's fantastic at it

Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:16 am

I just had to :3

Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:49 am

Well, it's time I posted some more songs for you all to get addicted to/ignore and think I'm crazy.

I don't entirely understand the story of this song, but it's a great song, so it doesn't matter. Gumi has such a nice voice. Gah, I have nothing to say. And yet on writing assignments that are due to tomorrow and only need to be a page long, I write 3 whole pages. Fine, see you on the next post.
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 3:00 am

Oh boy, another sad song.

Who gave the Japanese permission to use French in their songs? Just kidding. but it was probably the person who wrote Rozen Maiden. Make sure you listen to this song extra careful. And go back and listen to Ama no Jaku another time before listening to the next song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Discussion   Vocaloid Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vocaloid Discussion
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next