Emulator Fever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where you can ask questions about emulators and gaming in general.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rules and such....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:42 am

To play, you must first go to your profile and create a character sheet. You can re-create a character from a game, or create a totally original one.

RACE:

Race has no real significance in the game. The only important thing to know is that only a White Mage or Black Mage can use a Magic Ring.

DAMAGE:

Each weapon has a default damage rate, listed below. When the dice is rolled, this damage will be added to, for example, a 1 on the dice gives the weapon +1 in damage. Damage will change depending on the defence of the opponent and the dice roll.

Sword - 10

*This is not finished yet*
Back to top Go down
https://emulatorfever.forumotion.co.uk
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:04 am

Here's some propositions. If you like them, use them. If you dislike them, shove your hand into your garbage disposal.

RACE:

NPCs of certain races will be more friendly and generous if communicating with one of their own race. White Mage and Black Mage can use the Magic Ring. Other than that, races have no effect on the game.

DAMAGE:

Same as you listed. I just added the weapons' stats.

Sword- 10

Staff- 3

Bow & Arrows- 6

Dagger- 8

MAGIC:

There are 2 types of magic, White Magic and Black Magic. White Magic is only usable by White Mages wearing the Magic Ring, and Black Magic is only usable by Black Mages wearing the Magic Ring. Both mages start out with 4 basic spells in their category, and will learn more they visit sanctuaries on their journey. All White Magic spells will be healing, status recovery, or stat buffs. All Black Magic spells will be offensive, status inducing, or stat debuffs. Each spell has a set power, and a dice roll will determine one of many things. For healing spells, half of the base power of the spell is added to the total healing for the number rolled. For status recovery, half of the base power is added to itself for every number. For stat buffs, the stat being buffed will raise however many stages you roll. For offensive, half of its base power is added to itself for the number you roll. For stat inducing, half of its base power is added to itself. The new power must be equal or above the set number of the status to induce the status. For stat debuffs, the stages that the stat goes down is equal to the number you roll.

STATUSES:

Each status has a set number, usually in double digits. For a spell to override the status, its power after the roll must be equal or above the set number. For a spell to induce it, its power after the roll must be equal or above the set number. There are items that will instantly cure the status once used. Resting at an inn will cure all statuses. As with the magic, what statuses/spells there are will be determined if these rules are agreed upon.

DEFENSE:

Each armor has a set defense. A roll will give you a +1 advantage for the number you roll.

Armor- 7

Shield- 10

I wasn't sure what to write for White Magic and Health Potion, so I didn't.
Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:28 am

Thanks Scissors, I'll figure out how magic and potion. I've just finished Elfen Lied and it is amazing, I'm watching Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni now. Also, there IS only 1 series of Elfen Lied. You've managed to get me into Anime Titter
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:45 am

YES. YES. YES. I HAVE SUCCEEDED IN RECRUITING A NEW MEMBER TO THE CULT.
Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:54 am

cheers

Once I've finished Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, I'm going to check out Death Note and Sola.
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:58 am

cheers cheers Just remember, Higurashi has 4 seasons. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai, Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Rei, and Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kira. The last two are irrelevant to the plot, so you don't have to watch them. They just chronicle the happy life they live after the series. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:13 am

I'm a little confused, I've watched 10 episodes of Higurashi, but every 2 or 3 episodes seem to be in an alternate universe kind of thing. It's like it restarts, but the story is slightly different. It might make more sense when I watch more.
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:15 am

VintageTorrie wrote:
I'm a little confused, I've watched 10 episodes of Higurashi, but every 2 or 3 episodes seem to be in an alternate universe kind of thing. It's like it restarts, but the story is slightly different. It might make more sense when I watch more.
Everything is explained in the second season, Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai.
Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:23 pm

I'll check that out later Happy Spin
Back to top Go down
Calinobrine
BANNED
Calinobrine

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:34 am

cmon when it starts???
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:37 am

Well, we're almost done writing up the mechanics of the RPG. Once we're done with that, we'll probably do a test run with just us moderators. We'll fix any problems we encounter, and then we'll have a journey that all members can join. Don't worry, I'm excited for it to start too!
Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:43 am

Sorry about this, we'll start tomorrow. Scissors, this is your fault, you got me addicted to anime Titter

All I've been doing the past couple of days Evil Laugh
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:45 am

It's an addiction, VT. Soon you'll start speaking Japanese, and making references non-stop. Once you go in, you can never leave.
Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:47 am

I'm still really annoyed there's only 1 series of Elfen Lied, it deserves another Sad
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:49 am

That's the sad part about so much anime. Usually the best ones are 1 or 2 seasons. It's nice that the creators aren't greedy for money, and know when to stop, but it would be nice to have at least 4 seasons of some of the really good anime Sad .
Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:50 am

I think they must have thought it would go on for another series, so they left the ending quite vague, but it wasn't popular in Japan, so they didn't bother, making the ending not very satisfying.
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:58 am

Yeah. There are 107 chapters in the manga, and only 13 episodes in the anime. I'm guessing that when the producers saw the low ratings, they decided to change the plot of the series and end it there.
Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:59 am

I think the anime only covers around half of the manga, so it might read the manga at some point.
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:54 am

We need to decide a date and time for our RPG test run. We both keep putting it off.
Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:55 am

It's because I keep watching Higurashi. I'm addicted to that damn thing now Wink
Back to top Go down
Calinobrine
BANNED
Calinobrine

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:56 am

ScissorsForDays wrote:
We need to decide a date and time for our RPG test run. We both keep putting it off.
i can say that it could be in a weekend.
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:58 am

Hehehe. It's time well spent.
How about Saturday? It gives us a day to contact Testmachine(which is impossible) And I'll try to wake up around 8:00 here, which is around 2:00 there.
Back to top Go down
Calinobrine
BANNED
Calinobrine

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:59 am

ScissorsForDays wrote:
Hehehe. It's time well spent.
How about Saturday? It gives us a day to contact Testmachine(which is impossible) And I'll try to wake up around 8:00 here, which is around 2:00 there.
Im ok.
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:19 am

I'm going to make a section for us to do the RPG in so this section can be saved for questions and discussion. We can do this for other RPGs as well if we make more. I'll name it the date. Please do not post in RPG sections unless it is part of the RPG.
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:41 am

It's kind of hard to do an RPG alone...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rules and such.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and such....   Rules and such.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules and such....
Page 1 of 1