Emulator Fever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where you can ask questions about emulators and gaming in general.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

There Are Some Sick Motherf**ers In the World

Go down 
AuthorMessage
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

There Are Some Sick Motherf**ers In the World Empty
PostThere Are Some Sick Motherf**ers In the World

A teenager who posted a video online about the misery of being bullied has died in a suspected suicide.
Amanda Michelle Todd was found dead at her home in Vancouver, Canada on Wednesday.

The tragic 15-year-old had placed a heartbreaking clip on YouTube just five weeks earlier detailing how she was harassed online and bullied.

Now her mum Carol wants the video to help other young people avoid a similar fate.

She told the Vancouver Sun: "I think the video should be shared and used as an anti-bullying tool. That is what my daughter would have wanted."

The black-and-white clip - entitled My Story: Struggling, bullying, suicide and self-harm - was posted to the sharing site on 7 September.

It shows a silent Amanda flipping through cards with her story written on them.

Revealing one sentence at a time to the camera, she tells how her troubles began when she discovered chatrooms.

Lonely and keen to meet new people, she got talking to guys online and was showered with compliments by one in particular.

He asked her to flash her boobs at him which she did just once - but it was enough.

A year later, the unidentified man contacted her on Facebook threatening to circulate the image if she didn't perform a show for him again.

When she refused, he circulated the revealing photo to her relatives, friends and schoolmates.

"I can never get that photo back," she writes on one card.

Shunned and called names by her classmates, she switched schools. But the bullying continued.

Later, she was beaten up by a group of teens in front of her new school and the attack was filmed.

Feeling isolated and desperate, Amanda went home and drank bleach.

But recovering in hospital, she was horrified to see that the bullies had posted pictures of bleach bottles online with captions like: "She should try a different bleach. I hope she dies this time and isn't so stupid."

On one heartbreaking card, the former cheerleader writes: "Every day I think why am I still here? ... I have nobody. I need someone.”

The pretty brunette was discovered dead at her home in Port Coquitlam at 6pm on Wednesday.

The waste of life will seem unbearable to many readers but a tiny shred of good may yet come from the heartrending tale.

For Amanda also uploaded a slide presentation offering kids and parents alike advice on beating the bullies.

In what could turn out to be her own very sad legacy, she urged people to stand up to bullies and help victims:

“If you see that someone is being bullied, don’t be afraid to tell the bully to stop doing what they are doing. Make sure to tell them that it’s wrong and that they shouldn’t bully other kids.”

Amanda also told parents “to always give your child emotional support” and to help them if they are being bullied.

Premier of British Columbia Chrisy Clark has also now posted a short video expressing her sympathy for Amanda's loved ones.

She said: "No one deserves to be bullied. No one earns it. No one asks for it. It isn’t a rite of passage.

“Bullying has to stop.”

A memorial page entitled 'Rest in paradise Amanda Michelle Todd' now has over 22,800 Likes on Facebook.

Back to top Go down
https://emulatorfever.forumotion.co.uk
Share this post on: reddit

There Are Some Sick Motherf**ers In the World :: Comments

No Comment.

There Are Some Sick Motherf**ers In the World

Page 1 of 1