Emulator Fever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where you can ask questions about emulators and gaming in general.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Must Play Games

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shin Starlord
Admin
Admin
Shin Starlord

Must Play Games Empty
PostSubject: Must Play Games   Must Play Games I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 4:16 am

Since some users here are unfamiliar with some older classic games, I thought I'd make a thread about must play games that no gamer can call himself a gamer without actually trying, atleast once. You may also post other games that you wish to relate more on. Just keep in mind, try to keep your submitted game unique. The game doesn't have to be a classic specifically.

Simply give a name of your game followed by it's system and year, a discription, and a screenshot. Or 3.
Please keep your games before the next gen line, so keep your games before 2006.

---

Castlevania, NES, 1986
Castlevania is about a Vampire Hunter called Simon Belmont who enters Dracula's castle to defeat Dracula and his minions. The Castle is infested with various mythological creatures from various sources. Though the game is about Vampire Hunting, the creatures range from Zombies to Minotaurs to Mermen, Werewolves, etc. You fight with your family heirloom "Vampire Killer" which can be upgraded with items you can find. You also have side weapons which include Holy Water, Crosses, Stakes, Silver Daggers, and later on a Time Watch which stops time for a few seconds.

Castlevania was followed by many sequels and prequels in the years to come. Future games would give more story behind the Belmont Clan and Dracula. There has been atleast 1 Belmont Family member in each game, save for Order of Ecclesia for the DS.

Must Play Games Castlevania_nes_03

---

Contra, NES, 1987
You can't say you've played a platform game until you've tried Contra.
Contra is about 2 soldiers, Bill Rizor and Lance Bean, that are dropped in an island in New Zealand to stop a deadly alien army.
You start the game with a weak gun that doesn't do much damage to enemies, eventually upgrading your weapon to various shots such as a spread gun, rapid fire machine gun, flame thrower (sort of) and a laser gun.
If Bill or Lance are hit or touch an enemy, you lose a life. The main enemies are aliens, however they are disguised as humans for most of the game.

Contra is EXTREMELY difficult. First time players will have a hard time getting past the first stage. In order to beat Contra, you are required to play the levels over and over from the start to become a proficient player.
Must Play Games Contra-facehugger

Back to top Go down
Shin Starlord
Admin
Admin
Shin Starlord

Must Play Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Play Games   Must Play Games I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 9:58 pm

This post isn't about a specific game, but a game series.

---

Pokemon Series

What to say about Pokemon? Well, the Pokemon games started off on the Gameboy in the mid 90s. The game follows the character 'RED' (You are given the option of inputting your own name) on his quest to catch all Pokemon.

At the start of the game, you are given the option of choosing 1 of 3 starter pokemon, Fire, Water or Grass. Each Pokemon type has strengths and weaknesses against pokemon with other types, and can make the game easier or harder, depending on your choice. For example, if you choose a Water type, you will have an advantage over the first Boss or "Gym Leader" who fights with Rock types. Choosing a Fire Type might be harder at the start, but you will gain an advantage towards the end. You need to defeat Gym Leaders in order to get Gym Badges and progress game. After 8 gym badges, you fight the Elite Four and the final boss, whoever it might be. Once the game is complete, more areas will be unlocked.

Must Play Games Pokemon-rap

The best part about Pokemon is getting to train your Pokemon.
The game works as an RPG and Creature Training game.
You catch Pokemon with objects known as Pokeballs.
By fighting against other Pokemon, yours gaines strength and learns new attacks. Keep in mind, your Pokemon can only learn 4 moves at a time.

So far, there have been atleast around 600 Pokemon.
It's also been adapted into a Trading Card Game and an Anime.
It also has various spinoff games, such as Pokemon Ranger, where the objective is not to catch Pokemon, but to save them in the wild.
There is also Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, which you play AS a pokemon in a randomly created dungeon.
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

Must Play Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Play Games   Must Play Games I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 12:07 am

Let's hope I don't write something horrible.

---
Final Fantasy, NES, 1987
The world of Final Fantasy is governed by the 4 orbs of water, wind, fire, and earth. For some reason, the orbs started going dark, causing the elements to go out of control. So, the 4 warriors of light arrive to save the world. You travel around the overworld, running into turn based battles with monsters and arriving at towns as you search for the 4 elemental demons, born from the fall of the orbs, to defeat them and restore order to the world. Most of the towns are nothing more than pit stops full of stores for upgrading your weapons, armor, and magic. However, some towns force you to do special quests to obtain special items to continue in the game.
Must Play Games Final_10
The basic classes play a major part in the game. Fighter, monk, thief, white mage, black mage, and red mage. Each of them specializes in a special category. As you know, Square Enix has and always will make and remake more Final Fantasy games. I haven't played past the very beginning of Final Fantasy 3, but I can guarantee you that the first two were good. So go emulate it or buy one of the remakes now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Must Play Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Play Games   Must Play Games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Must Play Games
Page 1 of 1