Emulator Fever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where you can ask questions about emulators and gaming in general.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to introduce yourself.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

How to introduce yourself. Empty
PostSubject: How to introduce yourself.   How to introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:54 am

Here's a simple guide to making a good introduction. You are not forced to follow this guide, it's just for those who need it.

1.Make an original title.
Don't just type 'Hello' or 'Hi' as your title. That will cause a lot of introductions with the same name. Put in your username, or say something about yourself that will intrigue the potential reader.

2. Tell us who you are.
Don't be vague and mysterious. One sentence isn't enough for someone to get to know you. Type at least a paragraph citing your likes, dislikes, hobbies, and interesting facts. You don't need to write a book and fill up the page, but at least give us something that we can use to relate with you.

3. This is the internet, not a background check.
Don't write down your address, social security number, or full name. You don't have to register to read posts, so you never know who will read it. If a suspicious person walked up to you from a dark alley and started asking you questions, what would you tell them? If you wouldn't tell it to them, then don't tell the internet.

4. Stay on topic.
This is a part of the forum where you can introduce yourself and meet new people. It's ok to chat with a person about something for a while, but if it exceeds 20 messages, take it to personal messages or the chat forum.

That's all. I hope you enjoy your time on this site and meet many new people. The internet is a vast place, so make sure to explore without getting lost.
Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

PostSubject: Re: How to introduce yourself.   How to introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:30 pm

Good guide Scissors, I'll 'sticky' it.
Back to top Go down
https://emulatorfever.forumotion.co.uk
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin
ScissorsForDays

PostSubject: Re: How to introduce yourself.   How to introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Thanks. Are moderators the only ones that can do the 'sticky' thing? Because I can't figure out how to scratch .
Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

PostSubject: Re: How to introduce yourself.   How to introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:35 pm

You should be able to. When you click 'post reply' scroll down a little, there is a toolbar that says 'Options' from there you can make a sticky. You should because we're both admins, so we should be able to do the same things. If not, just tell me if you want something to be a sticky.
Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
VintageTorrie

PostSubject: Re: How to introduce yourself.   How to introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:37 pm

Go make a test topic to see, then you can delete it afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to introduce yourself.   How to introduce yourself. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Emulator Fever :: Welcome :: Introduce Yourself!-
Jump to: