A forum where you can ask questions about emulators and gaming in general.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

US Presidential Election

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

PostSubject: US Presidential Election   Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:51 am

Okay, I don't have much business here since I don't live in the US, but....................I sure hope Obama is elected.

This is quite interesting

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Youtube
KAT account and uploads
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://emulatorfever.forumotion.co.uk
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election   Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:38 am

You have all the business here. If America has seeped into other countries as much as I'm told, then the decisions the government here makes affect other countries greatly. The FBI. You bitch about them all the time. They are run by the American government, so you have a concern in American politics. America is, face it, a warmonging nation. Under the wrong leader, we could start a huge war. And the world is so globalized and interdependent, one country being removed would be a big deal. So don't go around thinking you have no business discussing politics about any other country. You may not understand it as good as the citizens of that country, but you are able to formulate opinions.

The more you sharpen them, the better they cut...
When someone would rather leave than deal with you, then you know that you're unwanted. Life is too short to spend time in a place where you're unwanted. If your friends always criticize you, anger you, and depress you, they're not really your friends. You shouldn't have to change yourself for anyone. Don't deal with the abusive relationship anymore, the denial that it will happen again. Even if they apologize, they'll get angry again and take it out on you. There comes a point where you must move on. Find people who will accept you for who you are, and those will be your friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election   Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:49 am

I'm confused, apparently Obama has won the election, but didn't the voting only start yesterday O_o

Edit: Gah, people on KAT helped me on that one

My Youtube
KAT account and uploads
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election   Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:00 am

Electoral votes, man, electoral votes. I assume the KATians have already explained them to you.

When someone would rather leave than deal with you, then you know that you're unwanted. Life is too short to spend time in a place where you're unwanted. If your friends always criticize you, anger you, and depress you, they're not really your friends. You shouldn't have to change yourself for anyone. Don't deal with the abusive relationship anymore, the denial that it will happen again. Even if they apologize, they'll get angry again and take it out on you. There comes a point where you must move on. Find people who will accept you for who you are, and those will be your friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VintageTorrie
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election   Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:56 am

Yes, I know they use votes.......

Anyway, I heard that voting stations only opened a few days ago, and I thought it was strange, having the whole country only get 2 days to vote.

Turns out only certain states do that.

Makes sense (kind of).

My Youtube
KAT account and uploads
Back to top Go down
ScissorsForDays
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election   Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:44 am

Every state is supposed to get around 2 weeks to vote. They send out absentee ballots in late October. If you can't make it to the polls on Election Day, you fill out one of those and mail it in.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election   

Back to top Go down

US Presidential Election
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1